Mr. Michael S. Amarosa is a native of Utica, New York and has been a civilian leader within the Department of Defense since 1997. Mr. Amarosa’s civilian career includes service to the United States Marine Corps and the United States Army. His experiences and accomplishments encompass numerous levels of operations at the installation, regional command and headquarters levels.
Serves as the senior civilian in support to the Commanding General and is responsible to support an exceptional team of professionals in providing unparalleled service in base operations support-integration, sustainment and logistical operations within the 21st Theater Sustainment Command.
Mr. Amarosa holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice and a Master of Arts degree in Security Management. In addition, he has completed the professional development of the Army Civilian Training, Education and Development System for Career Program 29, the Civilian Education System (CES) at the AMSC through the Senior Leaders program and is an alumni of the Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies. Mr. Amarosa proudly served as a member in the U.S. Army Expeditionary Civilian Workforce.
• Jan 2021- Aug 2022 Deputy Garrison Commander, USAG-Rheinland-Pfalz
• Sept 2017- Jan 2021 Deputy Garrison Commander, USAG-Hawaii
• Oct 2019 - May 2020* Deputy to the Commander, ASG-Balkans, Camp Bondsteel, Kosovo (ECW)
• April 2015 - Sept 2017 IMCOM-Pacific, G9 Director
• Nov 2011 - April 2015 Family and MWR, Director, USAG-Hawaii
• Feb 2009 - Nov 2011 Family and MWR, Chief Operating Officer, Fort Bragg, NC
• Jan 2008 – Feb 2009 Family and MWR, Business Operations Director, Fort Bragg, NC
• Oct 2002 - Jan 2008 IMCOM HQ, Senior Business Analyst, Alexandria, Virginia
• Jan 1997 – Oct 2002 Head, Business Operations (F&H), USMC MCCS-South Carolina
Mr. Amarosa’s awards and honors include; (3) Superior Civilian Service Medals; (2) Meritorious Civilian Service Medals; (2) Commanders Award for Civilian Service; IMCOM Stalwart Award; NATO Non-Article 5 Medal; Achievement Medal for Civilian Service, DoD Excellence Award for Outstanding Leadership; and The Order of the White Plume.
Mr. Amarosa is married to the former MarieJanelle Espiritu of Lahina, Hawaii. They have 3 children, Kayleigh, Gabriella and Gianni.